Skip to main content

The Hidden Garden

My brother Iain had always been a steady, predictable person, but that all changed when he met Chloe. She was an artist, and supposed wicken. She swept him up into a whirlwind romance that left him completely captivated. For two years, their life together was a blur of parties, spontaneous trips, and insense passion. Everyone, including me, thought they were soulmates. Chloe was so full of life, and she brought out a spontaneity in Iain that I'd never seen before.

 
But Chloe had always been strange. She had a peculiar fascination with what she called ocult magic and hypnosis, claiming she could tap into a person's subconscious to unlock a new version of them. Iain and I would just laugh it off, chalking it up to her being an eccentric artist. We never gave it a second thought.

But then, their relationship ended as abruptly and mysteriously as it began. One morning, Chloe was gone. She left no note, no explanation, just a vague, final text message that said, "I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore. It's for the best." The suddenness of it shattered Iain. The confident, adventurous man he'd become vanished, replaced by a ghost of his former self. He spent months replaying every moment, every word, trying to find a reason for her departure, but there was nothing. He just withered, leaving me to watch my brother become a shell of the person he once was.

--- 

Today in a cafe, Iain looked drained, his shoulders slumped over his coffee as he talked about Chloe. It had been months since the breakup, but he was still a shadow of his former self. As his older sister, it broke my heart. "You need to find a something to take your mind off Chloe" I suggested gently. "Maybe you could take up gardening, I've heard of a new place in town that can help teach you, it's called The Hidden Garden"

Sitting across from me, my brother seemed to shiver in his seat. The change began with his face. The sharp edges of his jawline softened and his tired eyes became bright and full of life. His short, dark hair lengthened before my eyes, turning into a cascade of wavy auburn curls that brushed against his shoulders.

I watched, paralyzed in disbelief as his body began to transform. His shoulders had been broad and angular, they now narrowed to a more delicate, feminine line. The fabric of his button-up shirt, which had once been snug across his chest and shoulders, suddenly hung loose, his body now clearly smaller. His back arches as his waist cinched inward and his hips rounded filling out his trousers. His shirt began to strain again as his chest expanded, his normal flat chest replaced with two enormous tits. His body now has a starkly different silhouette. In Iain's place sat a woman I had never seen, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

She looked down, a slow, wondrous smile spreading across her face. She ran her hands down her new curves, a look of pure delight in her eyes. Her fingers lingered at her chest, before she boldly tugged at the button-up shirt to get a better look. She then lifted a handful of her long, auburn hair, letting the strands cascade through her fingers.

I stared, my mind scrambling for a logical explanation. "Iain? What... what just happened?" I stammered, my heart pounding in my chest. This couldn't be real I thought.

The woman smiled, a gentle, understanding look on her face. "I'm sorry," she said, her voice calm. "Iain's in here. He's just... sleeping." She gestured to her head, and a wave of unadulterated fear washed over me.

She said her name was Ellie. She explained that Chloe had created her through some kind of "magical hypnosis", making her as a secret personality inside of Iain. I couldn't believe it. She promised she wouldn't hurt him and pleaded with me to help her get more time for herself. Her plea was so genuine, and the idea of having a new kind of bond with my brother, or more like sister, was incredibly tempting. After a long moment, I whispered, "Okay, Ellie. I'll help you" 

My first throught though was that she looked aweful wearing Iain's clothes. My brother's clothes didn't fit her at all, if we didn't hurry that one button holding back her boobs would fly off. "We need to get you some clothes of your own" I said. Ellie's face lit up with a joy.

--- 

At the mall, Ellie moved through the stores eagerly, pointing out things she liked. I noticed immediately that she had a strong sense of fashion. She must have tried on dozens of outfits, looking stunning in each one. Though once she found a form-fitting navy dress and matching heels, she didn't just walk out; she put on a show, walking as if on a catwalk, her hips swaying with confidence. I watched with a mix of embarrassment and genuine awe. She wasn't my quiet, reserved brother; she was someone new, someone vibrant and alive.

Later, we took a cab back to Iain's apartment. Once inside, she carefully folded her new clothes and tucked them away the back of Iain's closet. "It's time" she said, a hint of sadness in her voice. "He needs to come back now. But I'll see you tomorrow night, okay?" I nodded, and she spoke the phrase: "The Hidden Garden"

In a in moments, my brother was back, looking confused and a bit groggy. His gaze fell on me and the shopping bags on the floor. "Maya? What... what are you doing here? And what are all these bags?" he said. "Oh! Just checking in on you. And these bags, it's just some retail therapy!". He seemed to buy it, but the look of confusion on his face was a warning. The secret was already getting harder to keep.

--- 

Over the next few weeks, we established a new routine, I'd show up at Iain's apartment and speak the trigger phrase almost as soon as he'd open the door causing Ellie to emerge. Some nights were for quiet, sisterly moments, watching cheesy rom-coms and raiding Iain's pantry. Other nights, we put her new wardrobe to good use. We went out dancing at bustling nightclubs, and she'd be swarmed by men at bars, but she'd easily play them with her confident smiles and witty banter. I'd watch from a safe distance, a mix of awe and mild panic on my face. I couldn't believe how completely different Ellie was from Iain, she so full of a joy and life that had been missing for so long.
 

Tonight, we were back at a crowded club. Ellie, radiant in her low-cut top and jeans, was in her element, her eyes scanning the room with playful confidence. I stood on the edge of the dance floor, content to watch her, feeling a rush of protective pride. She was talking to a man, a handsome stranger with a kind smile. They laughed together, and I felt a pang of nervousness. The flirting was one thing, but this felt different.

The man leaned in, whispering something to Ellie. Ellie's face was bright; she was blushing, her head tilted slightly as she listened. My heart skipped a beat as she returned his smile, a genuine, joyful one. Then, without any hesitation, she leaned forward and kissed him. It was a quick, but definitive kiss. I froze, my breath catching in my throat.

They pulled apart, both of them smiling. Ellie said something to him, and he nodded, then took her hand. Together, they walked toward the exit. I followed, but I could only watch, a lump forming in my throat. My mind screamed at me to stop her, to remind her that this was a temporary life, a borrowed body, but I couldn't move. I just stood there, watching her walk out of the club and get into a taxi with that stranger.
I rushed back to Iain's apartment, my mind reeling. When I got there, the door was unlocked. I stepped inside, the quiet of the empty living room a stark contrast to the thumping music of the club. I was about to head to the kitchen when I heard it, a low laugh from the bedroom. My blood ran cold. The man from the club must have come back here with her.

I crept down the hallway, my feet sinking into the plush carpet. The sounds grew louder, a mix of muffled giggles and the soft creak of the bed. I stopped outside the closed door, my hand hovering over the handle. A wave of guilt and fear washed over me. I wanted to burst in, to stop whatever was happening, to remind Ellie that this isn't her life, and this isn't her body. 

I fell asleep on the couch, the muffled sounds from the bedroom fading in and out of my consciousness. The moment the sun hit the windows, I jolted awake. The apartment was silent. The dread from the night before was still a cold knot in my stomach. I walked down the hall and stopped outside the bedroom door. Taking a deep breath, I turned the handle and pushed it open.

 

The room was empty. The bed was unmade, but there was no sign of Ellie, and no sign of the man from the club. Some of Ellie's new clothes were gone. It wasn't just a night of reckless fun; she had left and run away with that stranger. I stood there, utterly alone in the quiet apartment, realising with a horrifying certainty that I had lost both my brother and my new sister. The secret I had sworn to keep had not only unravelled, it had vanished.

 

I grabbed my phone, my hands shaking so badly I could barely unlock the screen. My last hope was the trigger phrase. I opened a new message, typed Iain's number, and stared at the blinking cursor. My heart was pounding. This was a desperate measure to fix a catastrophe I had helped create. I took a deep breath and typed, "The Hidden Garden." I hit send.

A few minutes later, my phone vibrated in my hand. I fumbled to open the new message. It was from my brother's number.

"Where am I? What the hell is going on? Why am I in a hotel room? And why am I wearing a dress and makeup?!"

My stomach dropped. The trigger phrase had worked, but it was too late. I could feel the panic radiating from Iain's words. I had to find him and explain everything to him. But how could I even begin?

--- 

I drove to the hotel, my mind racing. As I entered the hotel room, Iain was sitting on the edge of the bed in a silk slip, his face pale and bewildered. The dress and heels were lying in a heap on the floor. I hugged him, but he was stiff and unresponsive. We sat in silence for a long time, me trying to find the words, and him just staring blankly at the wall.

 

Finally, I took a deep breath. "Iain, I have to tell you something, and I need you to just listen," I began, my voice trembling. "Chloe... she did something to you. When you two broke up, she used some kind of magical hypnosis on you. She created a separate person inside you, someone called Ellie, and she's been coming out when she hears a special phrase."

 

Iain's head snapped toward me, his eyes wide with a combination of fear and rage. "What are you talking about? And how do you know this?" he demanded, his voice low and menacing.

 

"Ellie told me all about it", I admitted, the guilt a heavy weight on my chest. "And I'm so, so sorry. I... I've been helping her for the last few weeks. I would say the trigger phrase every night so we could have some together."

 

His face went from bewildered to furious. "You what?!" he yelled, his hands balling into fists. "You were doing this to me?! How is it triggered, Maya?!"

 

My heart was in my throat. I knew this was a mistake, but I couldn't stop the words from coming. "It was just a simple sentence," I stammered. "All I'd have to say was... 'The Hidden Garden.'". As soon as I heard myself say the words, I realised that I had released Ellie again.

 

I watched in horrified slow motion as Iain's body began to soften and reshape, his angry face melting into a gentle, feminine one. The auburn curls cascaded down, and a voice, not a familiar one, shouted, "MAYA, YOU FUCKING BITCH! What the hell did you do?! You had no right!"

Ellie stood up from the bed, her face a mask of pure, unadulterated fury. "I was finally happy, finally free, and you fucked it up", she hissed, her voice low and dangerous. "I had a night that was all mine. And you took it away! You had no right to do that!"

Her furious gaze swept the room, landing on my phone, which was still in my hand. In a flash of motion, she snatched it from me. Before I could even protest, she slammed it against the wall. The screen shattered, the phone fell to the floor, and a small, final spark of light winked out. "There," she said, her voice dripping with venom. "Now you can't just undo this whenever you feel like it! I'm going to make my own life without you and without Iain!"

Without another word, she stomped out of the hotel room, the broken phone lying in pieces on the floor behind her. I was left alone with the horrifying realisation that I had no way to get my brother back.

Comments

  1. I love this SO much. The special phrase, the confident alter-ego, the conflicted sister. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    Loved reading you. Have you stopped writing?
    ( https://fox-time.blogspot.com/ )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Backlash

Months of lockdown was really getting to Ryan, his entire life has been put on hold, he couldn’t see his friends, he couldn’t go out an have fun, he couldn’t pick up girls. At first he could handle it, but as the weeks and months rolled on his pent up horniness was getting the better of him, and making him think crazy thoughts. He figured if he can’t go out and pick up girls, perhaps he should make my own here. A dastardly plan formed in his head, he’d heard of a miracle drug which had been making its way around the clubbing scene, elixir, a substance when consumed would make anyone into a sex mad woman. He thought if he could slip his roommate a dose of the elixir he could vent his pent up frustration on what his roommate became. His roommate was Adam, he was a nerdy beta boy, constantly obsessed with computers, comics, and video games. Ryan thought Adam led quite a boring life by comparison to himself. Ryan resolved that Adam was perfect to be made into his play thing for the night. ...

Bad Boy! (short)

  Mmm. You bad boy! Turning your best friend into a copy of his horny, cougar mother. I had no idea you had it in you to be so deplorable. Fuck I love bad boys! I can't believe that he fell for your trick, saying the Duplic-8 would give him a jock bod with a massive cock; urgh, what a pathetic loser he is. He knew you had betrayed him the moment he started growing tits, but he was so distracted groping himself that he didn't spare a thought about who he was changing into. After he caught a brief glimpse of his reflection, he felt absolute panic; he realised who he was becoming me, more than just in body, but in mind. He was being overwritten; memories of playing D&D were replaced by memories of sucking some big black cock! Memories of our 'friendship' were replaced with memories of riding your dad's cock last week. Mmm. Yeah, that's right, your dad has been cheating with me for months now, and your mother is completely clueless, so unless you want me to dest...